Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cooking

I'm not a great cooker and fried eggs which I made in mum's absent really looked like hanful of charcoal. When I started to live along I first felt great feeling not only to satisfy hunger but to experiment with food and create something delicious. To tell the truth partly it was caused by desire to impress my boyfriend and obscure his mum's cooking masterpieces.

I started not from the Ukrainian borsch and vareniki but from the Chinese and Japanese meal. Rice was a part of my diet from the beginning, vegetables seemed something trivial, so I found vegshop in Kiev and buy food which is usually hard to find on the market shelves - tofu, chick-pea and some spicies. If somebody is interested, it is "Nash magazinchik" 5 min from Nivki subway station.

This is what I've made: fried tofu with Bolgar pepper.


1.Cut tofu for pieces 2 sm in diameter
2. Soak tofu with soy sause and squashed garlic for 15 min
3. Fry Bolgar pepper and onion till the golden hint
4. Fry tofu
5. Mix it with pepper/onion, sprinkle with sesame oil, add some salad

Yami  yami! ^_^

P.S. To the right - side dish from tomato, onion, sweet corn and mayonnaise, upward  - sea cabbage with mushrooms, to the left - boiled rice
Next will be Indian meal - dal soup and sabji.



No comments:

Post a Comment